Even though I told the readers of my other newsletter (The Writer Mama) that I'm taking things down a few notches this summer, I'm actually still accomplishing a lot. Summer may be here, but I won't be taking the summer off by any means.
I'll just be working more efficiently than I have in a long time, while taking advantage of some extra R&R opportunities.
Here's what I am currently up to:
- Planning the Northwest Author Series for the 2009-2010 season (see my article below: "You Wanna Start Something?").
- Featured in a podcast interview with Deb Schneider for King County Library System (Shh! Don't tell Kati I didn't do it myself).
- Sharing a summer blog tour interview that helps me overcome writers' resistance to platform development (I think Sage will approve. Feel free to contact me if you are interested!)
- Working on a distribution plan for the book trailer for Get Known Before the Book Deal (Gregory! Look at me!).
- Gearing up to apply for a RACC grant this summer (Gigi is going to be very proud of me, I just know it!).
- All over Facebook (as evidenced by my quote in Meryl's article).
- A long-time Kelly James-Enger fan. In fact, she is referenced in both of my books because she sets such a great example for writers (Hi, Kelly!).